The daily routine for the Vihara is typically as follows, although it is subject to adjustments. For instance, during the Vassa the routine maybe tightened. Therefore, visitors are advised to enquire on the latest routine upon arrival.
- 5:00 am to 6:25 am — Group Meditation
- 6:30 am to 6:50 am — Chanting
- 7:00 am — Breakfast & Clean-up
- 7:45 am to 9:30 am — Monastery Work
- 11:30 am — Lunch
- 12:00 pm to 12:30 pm — Clean-up
- 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm — Dhamma Discussion Upon Request
- 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm — Self-Cultivation
- 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm — Meditation
- 6:30 pm — Dhamma Discussion Upon Request
1. The Dhamma Sala is open from 4:30 am to 8:00 pm. This is available for residents to meditate and make use of the library.
2. Residents may make use of all the allowances provided in the Tea Room at any time.
3. See the Vihara Regulations for more information.